Built in Launceston by J & T Gunn, Launceston Municipal Tramways number 13 entered service in 1912, a year after the opening of the Launceston tramway system. This class of 14 trams formed almost half of the operational fleet in Launceston, and survived in operation until the closing of the system in 1952, after which all trams were scrapped.
In 1974 the decrepit body of 13 was acquired by the TTMS and transported to the museum. Following the successful restoration of Hobart tram 46 in 1993, work started on LMT 13 and has proceeded to a point where the tram body is now virtually complete, with only minor work remaining. See the activities page for a photograph of this tram under restoration
As with Hobart tram 46, number 13 is without an underframe and is not operational.
Note: The above photograph was taken from a black and white print, and has been hand coloured to show the tram's colour scheme.
Template last updated: March 27, 2011, 08:05:21
Page URL: http:// railtasmania.com/ttms/exhibit.php?id=13
All content of this site is copyright ©
Please contact us if you have problems with the site or want more information